Some of the essential features that should be included in a tool to support change management processes are:
1. Change request form definition.
2. Change request validation.
3. Workflow definition – showing the flow of the change request form.
4. Change costing support.
5. Change request traceability – ie maintaining information about the changes made to the software to implement the change request.
6. Change notification and reminders – notification to people involved of work done and reminders to team members who have work to do.