TDD - Test Driven Development has some key benefits. Some of these are highlighted below:
1. Writing test driven code has proven to result in code that if free from defect and bugs
2. With the test driven approach, the programmer gets feedback much faster in the development cycle. This ensures that bugs are detected early and fixed as a result.
3. Overall time spent on project is reduced as in most cases, you don't need to rework on already written code because it has already been tested.
4. The test driven approach increases programmer productivity.
5. Increased productivity in programmers as a result of Test Driven Development reduces development cost.
6. The overall quality of code is improved by Test Driven Development.