Secure Socket Layer ( SSL ):
The Secure Socket Layer is a security technology.
• It establishes an encrypted link between a server and a client.
• It is a security protocol that determines the variables of encryption for the data that is transmitting over a link.
• It also determines the variables of encryption for the link.
• SSL operates at the application layer.
• The SSL is operated at the application layer to provide the security and hide data in the application by encrypting the data.
• The unencrypted data present in the Application layer is taken by the SSL socket.
• The data is encrypted and then passed to the TCP socket.
• When the application developer requires TCP to be enhanced with SSL, the application should include the SSL code.