Tow types of OpenFlow messages sent from a controlled device to the controller:
• Messages are used to inform controller about the removal of the flow table entry.
• Messages like flow table entry has been because of the timed-out.
• Messages are used to inform the changes in the status of the indicated port.
Two types of OpenFlow messages sent from a controller to the controlled device:
• Messages are used to set the properties of switch port.
• Messages are used for the changes or modifications in the entries like deleting or adding new entries.
• Messages are used to collect the statistics.
• Messages are used for the get and know the counter values from the switch’s flow table and ports.
If you found this answer helpful, please upvote and share with other students in your network.