Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP):
• It is an application layer protocol.
• It is used in request-response mode.
• It is also useful for the agent to send the trap message.
• Simple Network Management Protocol Version 2 (SNMPv2) defines 7 types of messages, which are known as PDUs (protocol data units).
• GetRequest and SetRequest messages are one among the 7 types of messages.
• GetRequest messages are all sent to an agent from the managing server.
• Messages are sent to request or get value of one or more MIB objects.
• SetRequest messages are all sent to an agent from the managing server.
• Messages are sent to set value of one or more MIB objects.
• When the value is sent, the agent replies with a Response PDU which has the “noError” error status.
If you found this answer helpful, please upvote and share with other students in your network.