Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP):
• It is an application layer protocol used in request-response mode.
• Simple Network Management Protocol Version 2 (SNMPv2) defines 7 types of messages, which are known as PDUs (protocol data units).
• Trap messages are one among the 7 types of messages.
• Trap messages are sent to the manager from the agent.
• These messages are generated asynchronously, which are in response to an event to inform the manager about the exceptional events.
• Exceptional events like link going up or down, irregular start by a device, or events with the authentication failure.
If you found this answer helpful, please upvote and share with other students in your network.