Role of RNC (Radio Network Controller) in the 3G cellular data network architecture:
• RNC (Radio Network Controller) controls several cell base stations (Node Bs).
• RNC mainly connects two core networks (voice network and data network).
• RNC connects to the cellular voice network via an MSC and to the packet switched Internet via an SGSN.
• Therefore, the mobile nodes in 3G cellular network can avail voice services and data services.
Role of RNC (Radio Network Controller) in the cellular voice network:
• The role of RNC is to allocate base stations radio channels to mobile subscribers, perform paging, and handoff of mobile users.
If you found this answer helpful, please upvote and share with other students in your network.