Some general issues that may arise in the mentcare information system development may be issues bothering on;
- Privacy (Patient records and information)
- Ethical issues.
- Unique Security requirements for the system
- Correct processing within applications
- Cryptographic controls
- Information system security starts with the incorporation of security into the requirements process of the new information system. Security requirements are presented to the product owner during the requirements phase of the development. Testing is done after development to ensure that the finished product meets the required security requirements.
- Accurate processing in applications helps to prevent errors and reduce loss, unauthorized modifications, and misuse of information. Some coding techniques like validating input and output data, protecting message integrity as well as checking for processing errors can be put in place to improve the overall efficiency of the system.
- Cryptographic controls provide a good way to protect the confidentiality, authenticity, and integrity of information. Institutions deploying information systems must make use of encryption, including proper key management. Disk encryption is a way to protect stored data. Data being moved around can be protected from alteration and authorized viewing using SSL certificates issued by the Certificate Authority.