Advantages of Special files:
• Special files are those which are more securely treated by the operating system.
• These files have access to only limited persons.
• A special file has limited access.
• The owner of the file is the only person who has complete privileges like read, write, delete, and modify.
• Directories are maintained in Tree structure which is well organized.
• Easy to create and maintain user-owned directories.
Disadvantages Special files:
• Special storage place is required to maintain all special files.
• User created the file can modify access to these files without intimating to other users who are using it.
• Extra processing and data structure to support an additional file type.