In extreme programming user stories are used to make descriptions that can fit on a card, these descriptions usually consists of the user requirements. The general format for writing a user story usually looks something like this :
- first it has the person involve, usually written as; As a( the role)
- Followed by the what you hope to achieve or can achieve; I want to/I can(Capability )
- And lastly for what reason or the end result; So That( benefit )
Some examples include:
- As a manager, I want to be able to view the status of ongoing work, so that I can plan when to deliver it to senior leadership.
- As a manager, I want to be able to understand my employees progress, so that I can better give feedbacks on our success and shortcomings.
- As a lecturer, I want to be able to lecture effectively, so that my students can benefit maximally.