To Explain how the principle underlying agile methods lead to the accelerated development and deployment of software;
Agile methods develop the system in increments by using the incremental development processes. These methods made the change of the system in the small increments depending on the requirements of the customer. In this, the customers are included in the development process. The agile methods focus on the software of the system instead of designing and documentation. These methods allow the developers to delivery the software quickly to the customer.
The principles of agile methods has contributed to the accelerated development and deployment of software in the following ways:
1. Incremental delivery: In this process, the software is delivered in small increments to the customer. Depends on the customer feedback and requirements, the developers made the increments in the system. In every increment, the new functionalities are developed and deployed into the system.
2. Customer involvement: The customers are involved in the development process of the system. The agile methods involve regular discussions with the customer. As the development of the system is done in small increments, the customer must involve in the development process to provide the requirements of the new features in the system.
3. People, not process: One of the important principle to develop efficient software is to recognize the technical skill of the people working in the development process of the system. It is necessary to implement and deliver the product quickly with high quality.
4. Embrace change: As technology is developing, the changes must be done to the existing system. The system must be designed as per the requirements of the changes to deploy the new features in the system.
5. Maintain simplicity: As the changes in the system done frequently in small increments, the code used in the system must be simple. If changes are required for the system, the existing code must be restructured as per the requirements of the changes. The simplicity of the code and the development process must be maintained without any complexity in the system.
Please leave a comment below and share if you found this answer helpful. Happy learning!
You might want to checkout some really helpful software engineering books for free download