Non-functional requirements are something which are not directly related to services delivered by the system to it users.
Non-functional requirements are more critical than functional requirements.
Assumed non-functional requirements for ticket issuing system include:
• The ticket issuing system should not be down for more than 10 min between 06:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs for any one day in a week/month.
• The recovery time should not be less than 3 minutes between 06:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs for any one day in a week/month.
• The total system down time should not be more than 20 minutes between 23:00 hrs to 6:00 hrs.
• Whenever the customer presses any button on the system, the display should be updated in fractions of a second (say 0.5).
• The card validation in ticket issuing system should not exceed 5 seconds.
• The ticket issuing system should prompt appropriate status message to customers while processing tickets the amount of time required for issuing a ticket.
• The failure rate in the ratio of 1:10000 is acceptable.
Please leave a comment below and share with other students in your network if you found this answer helpful. Happy learning!