1. Work space command with six infinitely controllable articulations between the robot base and its hand extremity.
2. Teach and playback facilities - realizing fast, instinctive programming.
3. Local and library memories of any practical size desired .
4. Random program selection possible by external stimuli .
5. Positioning accuracy repeatable to within 0.3 mm .
6. Weight handling capability up to 150 kilos .
7. Point-to-point control and continuous path control, possibly intermixed in one robot.
8. Synchronization with moving workpieces .
9. Interface allowing compatibility with a computer .
10. Palletizing and depallet izing capability .
11. High reliability — with not less than 400 hours MTBF .
12. All the capabilities available for a price which allows purchase and operation within the traditionally accepted rules for economic justification of any new equipment.