Advantages and Disadvantages of Operator Precedence Parsing:
The following are the advantages of operator precedence parsing
1. It is simple and easy to implement parsing technique.
2. The operator precedence parser can be constructed by hand after understanding the grammar. It is simple to debug.
The following are the disadvantages of operator precedence parsing:
1. It is difficult to handle the operator like ‗-‗ which can be either unary or binary and hence different precedence‘s and associativities.
2. It can parse only a small class of grammar.
3. New addition or deletion of the rules requires the parser to be re written.
4. Too many error entries in the parsing tables.