No, there should not be a separate profession of ‘software architect’ whose role is to work independently with a customer to design the system architecture. Software architecture affects the performance, robustness, disreputability, and maintainability of a system. As it has an important role, the system architecture cannot be designed simply by working with the customer alone independently. It is to be analyzed from various prospects.
The difficulties that may arise by the establishment of such profession are:
1. Difficulty in the implementation.
2. The company that would implement the system may find difficulty in understanding the architecture.
3. Incompatibility of the architecture with the developing system.
4. Architecture may not satisfy all the technical requirements.
5. Re-work or redesign is needed sometimes, due to incompatibility or change in technical requirements.
Please leave a comment below and share with other students in your network if you found this answer helpful. Happy learning!