Some Advantages and Disadvantages of the RISC Architecture
- Due to the architecture having a set of instructions, this allows high level language compilers to produce more efficient code.
- This RISC architecture allows simplicity, which therefore means that it allows developers the freedom to utilize the space on the microprocessor.
- RISC processors make use of the registers to pass arguments and to hold local variables.
- The performance of RISC processors depends on the compiler or the programmer. The following instructions might rely on the previous instruction to finish their execution.
- RISC processors require very fast memory systems to feed various instructions, thus a large memory cache is required.