Advantages of Assembly Language
- Writing a program with this language is easy to understand because it used mnemonic codes and symbolic addresses such as ADD means Addition, SUB means Subtraction, LD means Load etc.
- Writing a program with this language is not as tedious as writing machine language
- Writing a program with this language is not as time consuming as writing with machine language.
Disadvantages of Assembly Language
- Assembly language is machine specific. This means that only computers made by the same manufacturer can use a common assembly language
- Programs written on one computer may not necessarily work on another computer.