Advantages of high level languages
- Similar to human language, they are easy to understand and use.
- Easy to code and debug
- They focus more on the complex arithmetic operations and optimal program efficiency
- Results in better programming efficiency
Disadvantages of high level languages
- It needs to be converted to machine language
- They are slower compared to low level language
- Do not communicate directly with hardware
Advantages of Assembly Language
· Writing a program with this language is easy to understand because it used mnemonic codes and symbolic addresses such as ADD means Addition, SUB means Subtraction, LD means Load etc.
· Writing a program with this language is not as tedious as writing machine language
· Writing a program with this language is not as time consuming as writing with machine language.
Disadvantages of Assembly Language
· Assembly language is machine specific. This means that only computers made by the same manufacturer can use a common assembly language
· Programs written on one computer may not necessarily work on another computer.
Advantages of machine language:
· It is very easy for the programs written in this language to be processed by the computer
· The processing time for machine learning is very fast.
Disadvantages of machine learning:
· It takes a lot of time to write this type of language
· It is very expensive to write
· It is usually full of errors
· It is very hard for humans to understand which makes it difficult to debug