Some people argue that developers should not be involved in testing their own code but that all testing should be the responsibility of a separate team.
Arguments for the testing by developers are:
• Testing becomes easy as they know the areas of code which need testing.
• Generating test case will also becomes easy as they have a clear view of the entire code and the test cases that can be helpful.
• Saves time, as they need not learn about the code.
Arguments against the testing by developers are:
• One may not easily identify their own errors.
• Testing may be compromised so as to reduce their error rate
• Increases the effort of developers and may compromise with quality