Risks using existing application system
The probability for defining anything which would went wrong and caused by any sequence series for any damage to the system is known as risk. The points to show the possible risks which may arise when developer is using system components of already existing system are as given below:
1. The functionality and operation mode can reflect functionality of the new system.
2. The system which has off-the-shell application can direct for disruptive changes for the process of business.
3. Some time the assumptions are impossible to implement in existing system. So, it can reflect to business assumptions.
4. If the user makes wrong choice of existing system, then, the new system can’t work as per the requirements.
5. It is possible that the vender is geared for selling his/her product, so, real requirements are not satisfied fully.
6. The system support is provided by its vender. It is possible that the vender is taken over, or goes out to business, which can lead problems to customer.
The points to show the steps taken by company for reducing this type of risks are as given below:
1. Use reliable vender for making changes in existing system.
2. The suitable application which is matching most of the requirements should be selected by the customer.
3. The IT system of the company must have complete knowledge of the new system by taking proper training.
4. Use simple and common technology for making changes, so, that dependency on vender can be minimized.