Some factors that enhance performance:
- Reduced instructions per processor due to inclusion of multicore processors
- If there’s a stall in one pipeline, the other is not affected because they’re independent of each other.
Architectural features that contribute to high performance of modern processors;
- Cores: CPUs with multiple cores have more power to run multiple programs at the same time
- Clock speed: Indicates how fast the CPU can run
- Cache size: The more cache there is, the more data can be stored closer to the CPU
- Processor type: RISC CPUs run at a lower clock speed than CISC CPUs. They can perform simpler tasks more quickly than CISC, but more intensive tasks will be better on a CISC CPU.