1. The characteristics of Analog signal or Analog data are amplitude, frequency and phase. If the data is stored in Analog format, it requires three parameters will results large memory space. But in digital, the signal or data can be represented only with 0’s and 1’s. It requires less memory than the Analog signal.
2. When the data is stored or transmitted in digital format, less number of errors occurred. If errors are occurred, many error correcting techniques such as parity bits, CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check), hamming codes are used. Whereas in Analog, the data is more prone to loss due to noise, because noise is easily mingled with the amplitude.
3. Digital data can be easily processed and analysed.
4. Noise and interference don’t occur in digital data.
5. Digital data is more accurate than Analog because it execute faster than Analog data for any operations.