• Pure ALOHA is a simple random-access protocol.
• This protocol is implemented on the MAC and Data link layers.
• If any collision occurs between the frame transmission, it re-transmits the frame with the probability p.
• For the next frame transmission, it waits transmission time t and it takes the probability of 1-p.
• When two or more number of nodes collides in the same slot, then the remaining nodes detect the collision before ending the slot.
• The nodes transmit the frames only at the beginning of slot.
• Every node has knowledge of when the slot begins.
Please leave a comment below and share with other students in your network if you found this answer helpful. Happy learning!