The types of intelligent systems we have are:
- Reflex agents: In these types of agent, the user initiates an event and the agents refer to a list of pre-set rules and pre-programmed outcomes.
- Model-based agents: In these type of agents a model of the world is programmed into the internal system that incorporates the agent's history, and they select actions too like the reflex agents.
- Goal based agents: These agents expand upon the information model-based agents store by also including goal information, or information about desirable situations.
- Utility based agents: These agents provide an extra utility measurement which rates each possible scenario on its desired result and chooses the action that maximizes the outcome.
- Learning agents: These agents have the ability to improve over time, by means of a learning factor, by taking in more information about their environment, and decide how performance should be changed based on feedback.