Some of the advantages and disadvantages of white box testing include the following:
- White box testing optimizes code that shows hidden errors, making it easier to identify.
- Test cases of white box testing can be easily automated.
- This testing is more thorough than other testing approaches as it covers all code paths.
- Doesn't need GUI for starting and can be done during the SDLC phase.
- It can be complex and also costly
- Can be time-consuming when using it with large programs
- This can lead to a production error
- Cannot be carried out by just anyone, needs professionals.